onsdag 15 maj 2013

Thoughts of Sins

I was reading my book at work today, "Pandora" by Anne Rice, and I came across a dialog that made my head just overflow with thoughts and wonderings... and I just had to wright it down. And so, now I sit here, and I'm about to share these thoughts with you.

- God
Its about religion... specificly about christian and catholic religion... and their view on life after death... you have been warned.

According to both the catholic and christian religion, if you follow God and His word, you will be allowed into heaven when you "shed your mortal coil", in other words, when you die. And in heaven, all your ancestors will be waiting for you, your friends who have gone before you, and even that pesky little puppy that wouldn't stop shitting in the corner of your room.
And for all eternity after, you will be in a blessed, serene and happy place...

But...

But if you sin, you'll go to hell. A place of torment, pain, suffering and for some odd reason, lots of sulfur in the air. Hell is an unpleasent place to be, according to the bible, even demons and enemies of God and heaven will not be happy to be there. It is a down right crappy place to end up in.

According to what the church wants us to belive, God loves us all, no matter what you are, rich, poor, white, black, fat, thin... He loves you for you. But if you fuck up, he will cast you down to hell for an eternity of suffering and pain... and sulfur.
Now lets say, for arguments sake, that a life is 80 years long, I highly doubt that anyone can sin for a total of that long. Noone sins from birth to death, just not possible. Now if you realy try, you might be able to sin half of that, around 40 years, but thats if you realy go out of your way to sin. On average, I would say the common criminal, or sinner, has maybe 10-20 years of sinning on their "soul". Should you realy be condemned to spent an ETERNITY in hell for that? Even if you manage to sin for 40+ years, do you still deserve that long in a cruel and smelly place?

Sulfur Bath?
According to the bible, there are a bunch of commandments we humans must follow, 10 is the most used number...but I've learned that there are passages in the "holy book" of so many as 200+. Anyway, one thing is for sure, you can recieve absolution for these sins at your death bed... cool, saved for a spot on that cloud I had marked out.
But wait... what about those "Deadly Sins"? The sins so bad, that no absolution can save you? Lets just take one of these, "Greed".
We have a man, lets call him Uncle Peter, I will never say his name again, so thats rather pointless, but fuck it. This man, is a devote servant of God, follows his word to the letter, basicly living a realy shitty and boring life. Every day, he thanks the Lord for his life, his family and that awesome job that He gave him. He goes to church 2-3 times a week, gives money to the collection basket that are being passed around each time. And he never takes the Lords name in vain.
Now lets say that he got a hugh christmas bonus at work, and he spend it all on himself, a new car, or a new computer or a shiny new suit to show off at church. Thats Greed. He has been greedy, and thus, has become guilty of a Cardinal Sin (Mortal Sin). And these sins are unforgivable.

A devote follower. Sins for 5 minutes. Eternal damnation.

I dont know about you, but if you fuck up once, for a short time. Have you realy earned an eternity of pain and suffering and the inhaling of sulfur? Wasn't God the dude that loved you? Wasn't it He that said that all those you follow him, shall be granted access through the gates of heaven?
NOOOOOOO!!! You fucked up a little... so no candy for you. An eternity of sulfur in your lungs await you mister! No family on a cloud, no puppy to pee on the cloud no cold beer! Its just pain and suffering and stale warm beer with maggots in it! And sulfur! Lots and lots of sulfur!

I dont get it. I mean, I realy dont get it. Why would you follow someone, obey his laws (they do say its a guy, so dont talk to me about calling him a dude) if all he does, is throw people into hell every time they sidetrack?
Makes no freakin sense to me.
I used to belive in God. I did. But I stopped.. couse I started to use my brain.. the very same thing He appereantly gave us. I started to think about the restrictions that following a dude in the sky would mean. And if I sin, even just a little, I'm fucked for all of eternity! And I have sinned my friends, lots of sins are on my soul, and if this shit with God is real.. I will go to hell, no queston about it, and its gonna suck... but guess what! I'd rather be there, then in a place with a God that says he loves you, but clearly doesn't.

Cya

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar