söndag 27 oktober 2013

Exiled Screen

Found on the steam featured page, that the free to play, indie game, Path to Exile had been released. And after all the things I heard about it, I just had to get it.

Fire.. FIRE... FIIIIIRE!!!

Many reviewers had pretty much said the same thing about it, that its the real follow up to Diablo 2, that its what Diablo 3 should have been and so on and so forth.
Its a simple game in general, but difficult to master, and it takes a bit of time to learn the controls, as its anything but what I'm used too.
For one, you steer and move with the mouse alone. Buttons 1-5 is all potions, potions that also refill automaticly while you kill, so you dont have to worry about having enough... only that they are full when you go up against something big and scary. Yhe letters Q W E R T, all directly under 1-5 has spells on them, but your first 2 spells (or abilities), are located on your right mouse button, and your middle mouse button. And so far, its good, but its kind of crap too, since you cant place the spells where ever you want... or atleast, I have yet to find a way to move them.

And the leveling system is fantastic. If you know of Final Fantasy X, its like that. I'll break it down for you.

The "Grid"
The moment you increase in level, you can go into the "Passive Skill Panel", that looks like a grid with a shitload of dots and lines on it. Here, you get to pick from an array of passive bonuses, like 12% increased Spell Damage or 14% increased Life or like one of the bigger passives I picked; Lord of The Dead; Minions have 10% increased Life, 15% increased Damage and I can have 1 more zombie or 2 more skeletons... fun stuff.
I play a witch... dark arts all the way baby!!! But if I want to.. I can also pick, after awhile, other passives, to allow me to use and increase say, melee items, like swords or axes and heavier armour... its all up to me.

Spells then? Well they work differently... they come in gems you place in armours and weapons, and as long as a gem is in a piece of armour/weapon/shield, you have access to it. Like the spell Firestorm that I have equiped in my helmet, and while its there, it allowes me to rain fire from the skies on my enemies. And to increase their strenght, all I have to do, is kill enemies, and after awhile, they allow you to increase their power, like increase of damage, or lowered mana usage or perhaps the spells area of effect... what do I know. I haven't played it long enough.

But its an interesting game to say the least... bit on the ugly side thou :P

Cya

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar