tisdag 8 oktober 2013

Bad Money Rain

When I woke up this morning, I was wondering how much money I had left on my account. I never looked, couse I knew roughly the amount, but I was still thinking calmly to myself that; Yea its enough to feed me well for the next month, I wont be spending it on anything else, so I am never gonna have to worry.

Two hours later, I get a text saying that the book I ordered almost 3 months ago, has finally arrived, Wolves of Midwinter. When I placed an order for it, it hadn't yet been released, and it wouldn't come until a month later. While I was at it, I placed an order for another book, by the same author, and asked if it was possible to have em arrive at the same time.
Well sure they said, that will be fine they said, no worries they said.
One month later, I get a text saying my order was there... but only the one titled; The Claiming of Sleeping Beauty. The other one was appereantly so booked, that they had run out of copies, all over the country, and that I had to wait for more copies to be printed. Sure I said, its a good author, I'll wait.
But does it realy take that long? How many books where pre-ordered? How many are reading Anne Rice? Why couldn't they give me an indication of how long it would take, instead of speaking in a manner that told me it would be within the next 2-3 weeks? Not 2-3 months!!

A few hours later, I get a call telling me I was needed at work an hour earlier then usual... made me stress something aweful, as I was at the same time making food in the kitchen, enough to be able to give me lunch at work for the rest of the week.
Well it all worked out great, and I was at work at the hour I was asked to be at. What I didn't think about, was the stone I had run over on the way to work, about a hundred meters from it actually, that seemed to have made more damage then I would have liked.

Stupid fuckin stone!
Seven hours after arriving at work, I was going to go home. It was raining, still is, but the winds where blowing in the right direction, so I didn't mind, I've biked home under worse conditions. But when you have a flat tire, and know that a walk home, in the rain, half carrying a bike with a flat rear tire, it takes around one hour and ten minutes. thats 1h 10m to make it simpler for you, its not very fun... at all. Me not likey.
I was glad how ever to have a stepdad that didn't mind picking me up and driving me and my now worthless bike home.

But this means, that this rainy day, have already told me, I have to spend money... money I never thought I would have to spend... Go figure.

Cya

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar