tisdag 7 augusti 2012

T minus 22 days.

The headline for this is refering to the time until a game I'm currently waiting for called Guild Wars 2 is released. Its much like a game like World of Warcraft, Warhammer Online and Star Wars the Old Republic, as its a game you play with thousands of other random people across the planet (or in most cases, across europe/america/asia).



But beyond that, I do belive its going to be vasty different from most other MMO games. Gonna make a list to mention a few of the reasons, they might not all be correct to 100%, but the gist of it is there.

One of the ways its different from the other large MMO games is that its basicly free. I say basicly becouse its not entirly free... it will still cost you a bit of cash (or credit) to buy to start with, just like every other game in history... no I'm not "also" talking about android games, couse they generally suck anyway. So you pay, what? 40-60 euro. And the game is yours. But where it goes free, is everything after that, you dont pay every month to play like in the others. The only time you actually pay for shit, is in the "micro transactions". These "micro transactions" doesn't give you anything of real value as to help you with your combat in either PvE or PvP, but can, for example, give you a boost to experience, or possibly some aesthetic changes, such as perhaps a new look to your character... haven't dug into this so dont quote me on it.
But beyond that, you will never have to pay for anything but the game itself to be able to enjoy all the content of the game.

This game has crafting just like ever other game. But it gives you experience for every little thing you make. So if you want, you can create a character that doesn't get to do anything but craft things for your main character, and it still gets to gain to highest level. So just collect the stuff needed with your main, and give it to your "alt", and before you know it, that alt is level 80. Very cool thing.

Asura
The last thing I wanted to take up, is the skills. Now there is a shitload to talk about with the skills, but I'm gonna take the 2 things that matter most to me.
First thing; In all other MMO's I've played, I've always had the same problem. In any combat situation, be it PvE or PvP, I've always had to deal with 20 to 60 freakin buttons to keep track of, and an eaqual amount of skills and trix to remember where they are. The most importaint ones are always connected to the number 1 to 6 keys on my keyboard, the second most importaint have been locked to Shift+1 to Shift+5. The rest I've had to click with my mouse... and the mouse is usually, atleast in PvP, occupied with paning the camera around and help my character strafe in a semi cirlce... very annoying, and very frustrating.
But in GW2, you have 5 skills.. thats it. Well you have 10, but the last 5 can very well be done with just the mouse, as I've understood it. But its 5 skills... skills you cant unbound, that you are forced to use... UNLESS... unless you change weapons. Now you can only change between 2 different sets of weapons, unless you open your inventory and manually change the weapons, otherwise just hit the TAB button, or what ever button they placed that on, and go to town with your back ups.
Now this might seem like a "What the hell are you talking about Daniel, go to bed!!" And I will.. soon. But hear me out. Lets say you are a Necromancer, my first choise, and you are in a PvP situation with a staff in you hands, then your 5 skills will give you alot of AoE (Area of Effect) skills for long ranged combat, but then you swith to your axe and warhorn, the axe goes in your main hand and makes you a medium ranged spell caster that will do some serious damage to a single enemy and the warhorn a swarm of locusts that will weaken or slow down your enemy, if you change the warhorn to a dagger, then the last 2 skills out of the 5 will change and you weaken the enemy and also transfer things like bleed effects or conditions to him/her/it.
So depending on your choise of weapons and combinations of weapons, you get different skills and spells you cant use with other weapons, and you dont have to remember more then perhaps; this weapon gives AoE, these give me more CC (Crowd Control), these makes me go up close, and these makes me stand at a distance.
In my oppinion, thats just loads of better for not going insane.

The Classes, from left to right, awesome x 8

Beyond that, do some research on your own and see what its all about.

Cya

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar