onsdag 17 september 2014

Hugs 4 Hours

Yesterday, a coworker and I had a discussion about hugs. They are nice, they are warm and we give them to anyone and everyone we care about. But they also give us more then just a nice feeling at the very moment of the hug.
I should elaborate... I think that would be best.
According to studies, when we are hugged, we become happier. Nothing new there really, but as we hug, we release a hormone called oxytocin, and this hormone elevates the feelings surrounding attachment, trust, connection and intimacy. When we hug, or are being hugged, we feel less lonely. It seems, that hugs facilitate social bonding and makes the huggers experience a participation of life itself.
So I here by proclaim, that we should hug often. But no more then perhaps 2-4 seconds between friends and family at a time, and how ever long you want between people you care extra for, like lovers and very dear friends... or if someone is feeling blue, hug them til they fall asleep.

Speaking of work... umm.. thats where we were when we talked about hugs... I have been working a steady 24 hours a week for a long time now, but now thou, due to my "boss" having too many hours left each month, we needed to add some hours to a few peoples schedual. My schedual for instance was allowed to be expanded. So now, my weekly schedual in hours is no longer 24 hours every week, but...
Week one: 40 hours.
Week two: 24 hours.
Week three: 37 hours.
Week four: 24 hours.
This all means, that I have increased my normal 60% to 78%. Yey for me, almost at the normal 100%, which would be 40 hours a week... but due to me working half of those hours with added "unsocial working hours", I'll make close to a 100% salary. Which is nice.
If all works out well, I'll start this new schedual next week, starting friday, where I will work two shifts, 07:30 to 10:30 and then again at 16:00 to 21:00. Thats a full 8 freakin hours. Another two weeks later, I'll be doing the same hours, but on the saturday and sunday.

Well thats enough numbers for now.

Cya

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar