lördag 29 juni 2013

Good Day in Town

This weekend, our town has a "City Festival" going, lots of music, stands with trinkets, cloths and food from al over the world, even its own Pride Festival tomorrow (or today seeing what time it is). All over the streets these things are littering... so the town is pretty much closed for traffic. But thats fine, I got legs, I can walk an extra 2-300 meters :)

So I went down, meet up with a friend and walked about, sat down at a bar and their outdoor area to have a beer, then off we went again... And I bought something I didn't expect I would, but that I've thought about for a long long time. I got a pipe! With some proper tobacco aswell. Set me back 300, but what the hell, the pipe, 150, will last for years, so when it comes to smoking, thats an investment, and the tobacco, another 150 (actually 145) will also last a long time, so that too, in a wierd way, is an investment.

After an early dinner with the beer buddy, I said hi to some other friends who had just arrived, then I went home, by bus... and thats when I saw something that made me laugh.

You see, our fair city is changing the bus routes, and even their numbers, now I wont be traveling with bus 15 anymore, but bus 1! Then I can change to buses 2 up to 6. And to promote this, they ofcourse have advertisement for it, at the bus stops, the number of the bus, and then some funny line under it.
And it was the number 6's bus ad that made me crack up.
Now I might have to explain something first to all my non-swedish speaking friends, or you'll just scratch your head and go: 'What does he mean? I dont get it!'
The number 6, six, here in sweden is spelled and pronounced, the same way that the english word "SEX" is spelled and pronounced, and it word sex, also means the same in swedish as it does in english, so the number, when read, sounds like sex, the dirty kind, not the number (thats what we hear atleast when we are adult). So now that you know this little bit, lets get on with it.
So the advertisment has the number 6 on it, and under it, it says: 'Every Five Minutes' (or; all the time).
Even the bus company knows sex sells :)

Maybe its just me, but I found it funny... and if that didn't tickle your fancy, then the image I've included, that has NOTHING to do with the rest of this entry, will hopefully do the trick of pulling on your smile muscles.

Cya

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar