tisdag 31 mars 2015

Prostitution Thoughts

First, no I have no intentions to prostitute myself, So don't worry about that.

I saw a news program, that was all about the prostitution in Europe, and how bad it is. But they also showed, and talked, about the prostitution in France, and what I stuck on, was the current laws around it.
In France, it's legal to sell your body for money, and no one will try to stop you, or the buyer either, cause that is legal too, to buy sex from a person. It is how ever illegal to profit from others who sell sexual favours.
In other words, if you sell your body, you keep all the money. But if someone demands some of that money, that is an illegal action, and will result in legal action being taken, jail or fines, what have you.

Now I am for prostitution, specially the way it's set up in France.
I personally think, that if a woman or man, wants to sell themselves for money, to sell sex in any form, to a buyer, then I don't think we should get in the way of that. It's almost the same debate as the abortion discussion. In the end, it's the woman's choice. When it comes to prostitution, it also includes men of course.

As far as I know, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, it is illegal to both buy and sell sexual favours. And I can honestly say, that I don't understand why. As I said, its the persons choice whether they want to sell/buy or not. And if you take away that right, then a very specific part of the “freedom” we have, is gone. I feel, that we should have the freedom to sell or buy sex if that is what we want.

Some say, that it's to protect the girls (most prostitutes are girls after all), and I get that, I do. We should do what we can to protect everyone, no matter what line of work they are in. But just because these girls choose to sell a product that has a higher rate of violence, we should not make it illegal. Instead, make it legal. Legal to, on your own, sell sexual favours. And if it is legal, and this is just a thought that might work or not, the girls can hire someone to be their protector, a bodyguard. And that kind of job is not illegal. And as far as the tax office is concerned, that person is just hired to protect someone, for what reason, doesn't matter. And it he/she would not, in that case, receive profits from her work, only indirectly, I hope you know what I'm trying to get to here.

Anyway, I believe that prostitution should be legal, but organized prostitution should not.

Thoughts?


Cya

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar