söndag 15 mars 2015

Carmageddon

The title oft his post, is also the title of the game I bought this week.
Carmageddon Reincarnation, the follow up of... well Carmageddon 1 and 2 and TDR 2000. And when I bought Reincarnation, I got the other 3 for free, gave the old ones to my little brother, and kept the others.

So what is Carmageddon? Well, it's a car racing game. Simple huh? Well no, not really, you see, it's far more then just a racing game. It's not just your normal every day racing game as in go around the track, make sure you are first over the finish line and get the price.
It is soooo much more then that.
Every car, besides being a car, is a deadly weapon. You race in cities and various places, where they have not put up fences and walls to keep the cars on the tracks. It is what is known as an "open world". And these places have people in them. If you run over a "ped", as in pedestrian, as in a human, you get points and time added to the amount of time you have to win the race. If you hit them straight on, you get 200 points and 10 seconds. If you manage to swing the car around and hit them with your side in a nice way, you get 400 points and 15 seconds. And the more people you kill and run over in a single drift or run where you don't stop, the more points and seconds are rewarded.

You also get points and seconds for hammering your opponents. And alot of points and seconds, if you kill them.
Just try and not be killed by them.

Oldsmobile is pushing me around.

A cop did that. I got to close so he flashed his lights and flattened me against a wall.
In the top screenshot, you can see how much time I've added to my race by killing peds and ramming and killing my opponents, I started at 3 minutes I think. You can also see how many of my opponents are left to the left of the timer as well as how many peds have been killed and how many is left to kill to win the race that way. To the right, you see how man laps I've completed and how many points I've gathered. The points can also be used to repair my car during the race, or get it recovered from an impossible place, like say, I'm on my back or stuck somewhere.

The second screen shot was taken during a Checkpoint Stamped Race, where there is only one checkpoint, everyone starts a different location, then race to get the checkpoint, only after that checkpoint has been taken, does a new one come up, and you race to that one.
The one who get 10 checkpoints first, wins. But if it's going badly for you, just kill the other opponents and steal their points. Just try not to be killed, as they steal yours then.


There are more types of races, but I wont go into those, I'll save some for later.

Oh, here are the difficulty levels of the game.

I picked the middle one "normal"
Cya

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar