torsdag 12 mars 2015

Indicators and Spring

Spring has finally started to work it's magic, spreading it's sunny wings all over the lands and hills. Birds are singing, trees are starting to sprout (all thou I haven't looked all that closely to be honest) and the temperature is rising.
I would wager, that by next week, we'll start to see the usual flowers pop up all over the place... at least if the temperature keeps going up like this.
Althou, they did say on the news today, that it will be negative degrees tonight and tomorrow night... so yea, might not be for another two weeks if we are unlucky. But hey, it's a working progress, it's okay if it takes time, just as long as it doesn't start to snow again :P

Today, on my way home from work, I was honked at... honked, as in a person inside a car, used it's car horn, to indicate to me a messege.
The messege was that he found me to be in a wrongful location with my bike.
Now to set the scene for you.
I was riding my bike down a rather dark and poorly lit road, I had my lights on, both front and back, so  I was very visible, as the law says I need to be when it is dark outside. I was coming up on the left side of the road, as I was going to turn in on a sidewalk that was next to a larger road. The road I was on, was a small road meant for the people that lived at that road.

Do you have one? Use it damn it!
The car that used it's horn at me, was coming from the same direction I was going to, and was coming in to the round-about that lead to 4 different places, one, being the road I was on, and he (I'm guessing here) was driving on to the road I was corssing and didn't like that I was on his side of the road as I was crossing it, and subsequently... honked.
I come to a full stop, points to his right side headlights, and screamed: INDICATORS! (in Swedish naturally)
Upon hearing me say that simple word.. I could quitetly hear from inside the car: Sorry...

He never used his indicators, so I never assumed that he was going to TURN on to the street I was crossing, thus, believing that I was safe from harm.

1 point to me I believe...

Made me feel good, cause this fuckin town, is so horrendously bad at using their freakin indicators, that I've almost been hit by a car, twise per year since I started using my bike to get to and from work. All because of idiot drivers, who don't indicate as to where they are going.

When I get a drivers licence, when ever that will happen, I will just assume that everyone outside of my car, are idiots, so I am extra careful and make sure people know my intentions, and also believe that every car on the road, has shitty breaks. Most of em probably do anyway.
What we need, is shitty cars again, no seatbelts what so ever, no crashcages, no safety gadgets at all in any cars, and we would all be safer.
It is actually proven, that when seatbelts were introduced, there were more accidents, specially to pedestrians and cyclists. this due to drivers thinking they could be less careful, cause THEY were safe, so they started to not care anymore.
We need less safe cars. For everyone.
That or just no cars, only public transportations and bikes, trains, planes and boats, and the odd horse carriage to rent.

Cya

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar