söndag 4 januari 2015

No Screenie Sunday

No screenie from no game this week. But instead, I'll give you the first bits of information on my upcoming project; The Woodworker's Spare Time!
The projects name may be subject to change. No idea's are finalized. No project is expected to be picture perfect... but I'm still gonna do it, and when ever I have worked a bit on em, I'll post em here on the sunday editions. Hopefully, a new pic or two, will come along every two weeks or so, it all depends on how productive I am, and how much I know what the hell I'm even doing.

So to start shit off. My two christmas gifts this year, that was part of the new ideas, was an electric drill and an equally electric jigsaw. After that, I bought this workbench. It's a smaller model, but for the first project, I dont need something hugh. I just need something that will work for my purpose, and as far as I can see, this will do just fine.

I still haven't bought any of the materials I will be needing to build my first project, but no worries, they will come along when opportunity arrives. One of the things I need, is a particleboard, and they are only sold in large shapes. So large in fact, that I will be needing a car to bring it home. I can probably get it cut down in size at the shop, but as one of my future projects requires a board of 100cm x 50cm, its still gonna be too big to just put under the arm and start walking home with. So that piece might have to wait a bit, at least until next weekend. All the other parts should be no issue getting home on foot. But if I get those at the same time I get the board home, I'll have the added bonus of having them driven home too :P

All the other little things thou, screws, nails, hinges and chicken wire I can get before as they will all (besides the cicken wire obviously) fit nicely in what ever pockets I happen to be having on what ever cloths I will be wearing to the shop.

Here's a crude and highly inaccurate hand drawn schematic of what my first project will look like. Its a cage, for future rats. I miss having rats. They are social, cuddly and easy to teach stuff. I have loved all my rats over the years, and its about time I get some again.
But yea, that schematic shows side, front, top and gives you a very basic idea of what I have in my head.
Several floors, possibly ending in three seperate floors. "Toilet" and such at the bottom, food and water on the second, and the bed, made of leather, stretched across the cage with some kind of rope or ladder to allow access too it. I know that rats enjoy hammocks, but I haven't had one for any of my rats so far, so the new ones I get, will be sleeping like kings! Lets just hope they find it to be as awesome as I think it is... would be a bit of a wasted time if they end up sleeping in the toilet.. (no people, rats are very clean, and will do what they can to not sleep in their own filth)

Well thats pretty much it for this time. When new stuff arrives, I'll fill you in.

Cya

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar