tisdag 30 december 2014

Online Dating

After months of looking, trying and being active, I'm starting to wonder, if people have been wrong all this time, wrong about men being shallow and horny bastards. Cause, unless there is something specifically wrong with me, I think its the other way around.

Now before you start sending hate mails, fax mail bombs or something, let me explain my problem.
You see, I've been a member on a total of five different dating site, three of them I am still a member on, as it was just to expensive to keep the other two. Now the three I am still a member on, are all free of charge, one you can pay, but thats only to get the adds away, and so far, I haven't found a need for that, as they are so far very non-annoying.
On these three thou, I've been an active member for many months, only resently, have I lost interest, and after telling you my theory, I think you'll see why I've lost interest.

As a ”horny and shallow male individual” I of course have made contact with several women that has peaked my interest in some fashion. I have always tried my best to be friendly, kind and not intrusive in my first message, which is usually just a longer hello.

On all three sites, I've had a total of... one... person per site, that has written me back. One... out of probably 40-50 women from the ages of 24 to 46.
The first woman to answer me did so after I had added something on my presentation, stating that if I had written to who ever looked at my profile, that they would please wright back, if only to say; Thanks for showing interest, but no thank you.
The woman that answered me said pretty much what I had hoped for when it comes to being turned down, with an added note on the fact that I had also written that now that I can finally grow a beard, if a bit thin, I would never shave it, and she told me to hold on to it, which made me happy.
The other two, simply thanked me, and wished me a good day, or happy hunting or something. But almost all the others, never even bothered to say ”no thank you”.

Now I cant be sure that all of them even read my message, or have since I wrote them even been online ever again, but out of the three dating sites, two of them, as far as I can remember, have the added bonus, of showing you who have been to see your profile, and at what date and even time. So when I see that someone I have written to, have been to my profile, and then not said anything, left a message or even given me a ”poke” or what ever it is they have, you get a bit blue, as I'm sure you can all agree.

So my question, ladies, is are you this shallow? Or is it just something about me, my picture alone or something that turns women away? Or have I just hit the lowest on the luck scale?
If women really are this shallow, to turn down a guy without even saying a single word to him, then I wonder, if its not women that are the shallow and insensitive people on this planet. Cause I can promise you, that a guy would at least tell you if they share your interest or not, granted, some can be real assholes about it, but generally speaking, I think most try their best to let you down gently.
But what hurts even more in this instance, is not words, but silence.

I read an article awhile back that made me think of all these things, that was about women and their dating habits, and who they took interest in. It was an article written by a woman too, so I do believe it had some merit, and as far as I could tell, it sounded logical.
Basically, it said that woman are drawn to confident and happy men (those that look for men at least), and they look past those that don’t fit those criteria.
The problem how ever, is that those that have confidence (in general) or are happy, are likely to be in a relationship already, and that is where their confidence and happiness comes from.
And that men who seem less confident and/or happy, are the ones that just wants someone to love, and to love them, but as women want someone that has qualities they cant get without this, are being overlooked, there are a shitload of men out there, that could possibly be the best guys in the world, but haven't the slightest chance, as women find them unattractive or even down right invisible.

So ladies, please, the next time you are at the pub, online or where ever, and you are looking for Prince Charming, remember that he is probably the guy that doesn't look like Prince Charming, as he wont become it, until you give him love and affection, and he can give the same back.
Look for the lonely guy, the one that don’t seem to smile as much, that seem to not really know why he is even there. Talk to him, get to know him... you never know, he might just be the best thing for you, if not, then at least you've made someone happy, and you might just have made a good friend... or you know, you've gotten laid if you wanna take it that far. What ever you go with, is fine by most guys.
But most importantly, be honest, open and for fuck sake, don’t give us hints... we cant see them until its way WAY to late.


Cya

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar