torsdag 15 januari 2015

War of Fear

We all know by now, what happened in France about a week ago. The horrible killings and the murder of cartoonists that had made satire drawing of the muslim prophet Muhammed.
There is no denying it, the murderers where muslim fundamentalists, aka terorrists, that killed people because they were offended. They said it was an affront to their religion, but their religion clearly states that no man should ever kill another man, so by doing so, they broke their own religious conviction.
Besides, what really happens when you get offended? Nothing. Nothing happens when you get offended. It's not like you loose a lung when you hear or see or read something that offends you.

Between the 3rd and 6th of january, there was even more murders done in the name of Allah, in Africa, by the muslim fundamentalists Boko Haram. They killed over 2000 people during those days, and burned down over 60 buildings. Local news said 150 – 2000, but other sources said over 2500, either way, it's not good. But I doubt you've heard much of that.
And then it is the Al Quaida, who have done so much damage over the years.

So what am I on about? Well what I wanted to talk about is fear. Fear of extremists who kill for their religion. Who kill anyone who doesn't agree with them, or their extreme version of their religion, in other words, if you are a muslim, they'd still kill you just cause you don't agree with their version.
Religious nutballs who'll kill anyone, period.

Here in Sweden, there has been alot of attacks lately of muslim communities, such as temples and places of gatherings. Threats, violence and destruction of property.
And I can honestly say, that I understand these things, I understand why they are happening. I don't agree with them, but I do understand them, and where they are coming from.
You see, people are afraid. They are afraid of muslims.
The extremeists who you hear about, are all bad, so people tend to think that all muslims are bad. All muslims are not bad, far from it. There are more good muslims, then (hopefully) there will ever be bad ones. 1,5 billion muslims are in our world, and only a hand full are bad.
But that which scares me more then anything, is not just the extreme muslims, but all the muslims and non muslims, who do jack shit about it.
So can we really blame them for trying to remove muslims? They scare people, cause they don't know if the place the muslims gather, are a haven for the extremist recruiters or already a beehive of terrorists, or just a place for religious people to talk and be social. You just don't know, so they fear it. I for one, can understand.
There is a place in my neighbourhood, a spot in the center, called ”New Jerusalem”, and when ever they have meetings, all you hear is someone on a megaphone, or something like that, screaming words I don't understand for hours on end. I don't know what's behind the windows at that place, as they are covered with thick paper. What if it's a place for terrorists? What if it's a place where Boko Haram or IS recruits the youth in my part of the town? Or it cold just be a highly religious gathering that won't harm so much as a fly.
See my point?

We have just now started to do something about the people that leave our country to go fight for IS (Islamic State), to try and catch them before they leave. But this also means, that there are active recruiters in our country. And we need to find them and stop them from luring in young people to fight a war they probably don't want to be a part of in the first place.
But as just a normal mortal, I don't know how. I belive in logic and science, higher powers don't enter into my life at all, so the only way I could convince people to stop being terrorists for a religion, would be to convince them that there is no god. And I don't belive that would go over so well.
So what I would propose, is get several muslim officials, imam's or what their ”priests” are called, that know their holy book inside and out, to teach better, more peaceful, islam.
Or maybe that too is just a dream.

I fear, that there is a war going on in the world. A war that currently only the terrorists are fighting with weapons in. And if something isn't done soon, we will all be in this war, and we'll be on the loosing end.

I ”pray” that I am wrong thou.


Cya

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar