fredag 21 november 2014

Racist Lights

Was watching a TV program last night at work called "PLUS". Its a consumers program, meant to help us normal mortals in every day struggles like what to do if a company screws you over, what to keep in mind when buying this and that and also a comparison between a few of the same kind of items.
Now what was so cool about this episode, was that they did a comparison between bicycle lights for under 100 skr. They looked at how bright they were, how much they lit up and if they would blind oncoming traffic or other pedestrians/cyclists.
And it turns out, that the winner, in all 3 tests, was the one I had bought a few weeks earlier. WIN!!
And yes, I found it to be very good too.

In another, somewhat TV related issue, is something I asked about on facebook a few days ago, so some of you might be reading this for a second time, others, first time, from me atleast.
I wont be going into the specifics of the TV program that this issue came from, or more, where it made me think and wonder, but I can say this, that one participant in this program wanted to find out who, of the other participants, were affiliated with the political party SD, which is highly regarded as a rasist party by alot of people.
The thing that made me wonder then, was why its such a frantic search for racism in our country. What I mean is simple, alot of people actually look for things or people that they can call racist. Is a person critical to the current immigration policy? Racist! Is a candy/pastry made of chocolate, have a face on it and then black sprinkles? Racist! Has someone done a horrible crime and the police informs that the description of the person has color other then pale? Racist!
That last thing actually happend a few years ago, some guy was being creepy and stalking little girls from a school, 12-13 year old girls. The police first came out with a description that said it was a man around the age of 30-35 and looked to be from Africa. The police were then told they were racist and they had to change their story, saying it was a man in his 30's. Forcing everyone to all of the sudden be wary of ANY male in close proximity of the school.
All that did, was create fear and hate... it didn't solve anything.

I personally belive, that if you look for racism, you ARE a racist, as you are the one who are dividing the pople according to their skin color. When I see people, I see nice people, bad people, assholes and unknowns. I dont realy see black, brown, white or yellow.
I see idiots.
Alot of them too.

Cya

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar