söndag 23 november 2014

Frozen Mods

I have to admite... I got a bit bored with Skyrim and the fact that its constantly winter there, yet I could run around butt ass naked, and never so much as get a cold even! Not to mention the dragons I shoot down from the sky with a single iron arrow after level 30 and 80 in archery skill. And after over 600 hours of gameplay.. all the armors got a bit boring too.

So I downloaded a few mods to make the game better and harder. Cause just turn the difficulty up to insane or what ever the highest setting is called, just made it so it took longer to kill shit.
The first mod I got was Immersive Armors and Immersive Weapons that would make the world simply look better and give me more options as to what I wore. And to add, I made sure I had it so that npc's would adorn said items too, cause I didn't want just me to be unique.
The next mod I got, is called iHud which further increases the immersion and realism to the game. It makes it so that the normal compass you constantly have at the top of the screen, becomes invisible. Now you can just press the "X" key on the keyboard, and it pops up, but as the "Z" key is right next to it, I keep shouting at nothing or friendly npc's... so I just tab and check the map itself instead... much safer.

All of these mods are in theirselves just something to make the game feel better purely out of a aesthetic view (besides the iHud ofc). So I figured it was time for a proper mod that would make me halt in my never ending killing spree's.
Frostfall!
Frostfall adds a level to the game that makes it feel more real, by simple making it so that snow and snowstorms gets you cold, rain and swimming makes you wet, and if you are wet, your exposure increases, making it more likely that you'll get cold, and thus... freeze to freakin death!
Now there is 3 different difficulties to Frostfall, Lite, Normal and Hardcore. I am going for Hardcore. The few things that Hardcore has that the other down have, is that you can (and most likely will at some point) die from freezing. Your exposure rate drops a little faster, further telling you that the lands of Skyrim is really mean. And my personal favorite... fast travel is disabled. So if I have been to a city, say Solitude, and I need to get back there, and I am currently on the other side of the map in Riften... I have to walk/run/ride or hire a carrage to get there. No clicking the map and say "fast travel", screen goes black and BOOM, you're there! No if I want to get somewhere, I have to get there on my own. Much more interesting.

Ready to Travel
So how do I stay warm with this new mod? Well I need to dress well for starters. Full cover fur armor is one of the better choises, as well as adding a travel cloak, either a leather one, if you are in the southern parts as it protects against rain, or a fur one for protecting against cold and snow.
Runing with a lit torch helps to slow the exposure rate, but the best thing, is to carry a tent (leather or fur) and a woodcutter's axe.
Out in the wild you might get too cold, and thus, must camp. You can build a camp fire, set up a tent and even build a leather rack to make either things such as cured hides and leathers for even more tents.
If you dont pack up the tent when you are traveling again, it will remain there... forever! Which is awesome.

Here's some screen shots of various Frostfall related things.

A leather tent with a rack, fire palce and even a cooking pot, all made by me, including the dead wolves in the corner.
A fur tent for the colder locations, with a warm/cold meter in the left corner.
Warming up, drying off and recuperating from a fight.
Yes.. I play a male character for once... And no, he's not gay like all my female characters where, cause the men in Skyrim looks like shit!! The women however...
So yea, the last screen shot, is me warming up and drying off after I had a swim in the nearby lake. Lukely the weather was nice and sunny, so I didn't get too cold too fast. But keep in mind, Skyrim is in a continous state of autumn/winter, so keep dry and warm and eat soup.

Now about the dragons... I made them harder too... so hard infact, that when I meet my first dragon in a fight.. I died. That has never happened before.
With the mod Deadly Dragons you can tweek the difficulty of dragons in all aspects. Increase their health, magica resistance, magica damage and melee damage by anywhere from 1% to 1000%. Increase their armor, make it so they spawn more often, every hour (in game ofc) if you want, but that would be horrible, so I have it at 36 hours. And if you want to, you can allow the assaults to contain one dragon, or two, three or even four dragons. Or a random amount by marking all four options.
It also adds a bunch of new dragons, with new and different skins, abilities and strenghts. Should also note, that the normal dragons.... that are just called "Dragon", has added abilities. The normal dragons breathe fire... but now they can rain down fire from the sky on you too... and that fire... HURT!!!

Cya

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar