lördag 21 juni 2014

Painful Beauty

I am in pain.
Yesterday, the pain was worse then today.
The day before that, even worse.
So today, its not that bad.
I even managed to get out of bed without any larger issues.

And I am... LOVIN IT!!!

Started a new workout routine at the gym on monday, some of you might have heard of this by now, as well as seen me post on facebook that I had lifted, shifted and pushed around 10 000 kilos in two hours.
Well, that number really doesn't say much now does it? Same with the friday number; 6017 kilos. Doesn't say much does it?
So lets break it down, first thou, when I had worked with 10 tons, it was leg/back day, and the legs are freakishly strong, and the 6000 number, was arms and chest, not near as strong as the legs.
To further break down the numbers, you have to also keep in mind, that each excercise I do, is made three times, with varying amounts of weights.
Like this one; Barbell Triceps Extension.
It starts with, for me at least, just the barbell, that weighs 12 kilos, and then I work that one 15 times, bending it from up right, then down to my head and then back up. 15 times... always slow too, its sweaty work.
Then I added small black things on it, to increase the total weight to 14,5 kilos, and did another 12 repetitions, I tried to make it to 15, but, I couldn't.
And then it is time for the final repetition, the third. So I go up to 17 kilos, so another set of small round and black things to make it so. I managed another 12 on that weight.
I felt proud of my achievement. It felt good.
So just taking that excercise, I lifted a total of 554 kilos in one sitting. And after a total of 13 different excercises, I had lifted a total of 6017 kilos. And to even further break it down, a few of the things I did, had no weights, like the 30 minute warm up that consisted of walking in a brisk pace, uphill or the cooldown walk for 5 minutes. So not every excercise gives numbers other then time numbers, and naturally, isn't done with 3 repetitions.

Anyway... after the first leg/back day, I had difficulties even walking right, took a few steps to get into a normal walk, on the thrusday, I even had difficulties standing up when getting out of bed!!
Its fantastic, I love it.
Only kind of pain you want, look forward to and feel proud when it happens.

Cya

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar