tisdag 1 april 2014

Fools and Tropics

Its April first today, the day all the news papers, tv station and what not, try and fool us with some bogus story. Some of them are good, well written and even belivable, some, not so much.

I remember a company here in Sweden, a tech-shop, had one year a thing for sale, on the first of April, that was a CD-Rewinder... to rewind your CD's... hilarious, and another year, they had a VHS cassette that allowed you to but in a dvd disc, to play the dvd in your VCR. Again, hilarious.

But my two favorites ever, is one made in Britian (I think) and one from good old Sweden.
The one from Britian, was a short documentary, showing people where spagetti came from. How they were grown on trees in Italy, and hand picked by the italians, dried in the sun, then packaged and sent world wide. Half the country belived it.
The second, was way, way back before color TV had become a thing here in Sweden, and the april fools joke, was that if you put a ladies stocking over the TV, you would get color tv. That one still cracks me up.

So far, the one in the local paper, was easy to spot. But unless you haven't seen it yet.. I wont tell.

Before I go to the next thing... I am gonna wish my ex-girlfriend a happy birthday, sorry we were such assholes to each other.

Right, so while waiting for ESO to come around, I wanted to really fuck around with Skyrim, and got the Tropical World mod. And if it hadn't been for the drop in frame rate, I would have kept it.
While in the desert areas, the frame rate was good, and mostly inside cities like Windhelm and Dragonreach. But when I went out to the marches, and dense forests.. the frame rate got so bad at times, I almost lost fights against one enemy as I couldn't aim worth a damn.

Anyway, here are some pics of how the world looked.

Whiterun has a sandstorm... didn't that used to be just rain?
A dense jungle.. where pine trees usually were.
Its been bad for the tundra... now its a giant beach instead.


All that brown and yellow, used to be ice, snow and realy freakin cold.

The marshes.... are still marshes... just with new foliage.








































































All my armor mods made more sense with a tropical landscape, as the all showed A LOT of skin, some even more then just skin... but due to the drop in fram rate... welll, I'll just try a more lore friendly mod later with a summer feel. I have grown tierd fo all that snow.

Cya

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar