söndag 21 juni 2015

Destruction Disk

No screen shot this week. Some may know why, other may not... basically, all those that do not have me on their facebook.
So I installed the new hardware, but I made a small, yet critical, mistake. I seem to have put a cable in the wrong hole, and potentially destroyed my harddrive.
Not the best thing that has ever happened to me and my box-of-fun. But shit happens.

Hopefully, It's just a small problem (should know soon), and the whole harddrive, or at least save data, can be saved. Worst case scenario, I'll have to start from scratch.
But if I do have to start from scratch, I will at least have a much cleaner computer when I get back on track, and until then, I'll have to play around with my laptop, that is NOT designed for gaming. I bought it only for writting, not gaming.

So here are the scenarios, in order, of what might happen in the end.
1, I get the old harddrive back, good as new, with all the data intact.
2, I get a new harddrive, but with all my data saved and stored on this new one.
or 3, I have to buy a new harddrive, and reinstall my OEM windows on, which anyone can tell you , requires more than just a few disks and time.

I'm hoping, obviously, for the first option, or the second, cause the third will be one hell of a hassle.

But there is one thing I had to fix before I got back the HDD, and that was my official email, the one I use for all the important stuff, like work mail for example. And after my former internet provider has sold everything to a new company, I feared that they might not be able to provide me with the old passwords, so I could access my normal email, instead of the new providers email that I might never use.
But as luck would have it, they are sending everything I need. And boy will I ever save those papers for the rest of my life! :P

Ayway, we'll see how long it'll take before I can get back on track.

Cya

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar