söndag 8 februari 2015

Shipwrecked Lara

I bought the latest Tomb Raider on a steam sale. 5,99 euro. Included in the prize, 20 DLC's, mostly weapons and outfits, but lots of multiplayer maps and new areas for single player gameplay.

I am here to tell you, and show you, what I think about this game.

Here we go...

I... freakin love it. OH MY GOD do I love it.
I play on easy, cause I suck at games like this, but the environment alone, kills me dead several times an hour or so. I forgot about time last night and did not stop playing til well after 6 in the morning.
The game is run on "normal" settings, so no high defenition shit, just what my computer can take, and so far, it's one of the most beautiful games I've ever played.

Lots of wonderful details too, like in the begining, when I got dirty and bloody, but after I had a bit of a swim, most of the blood and dirt was gone. Just that little detail made me fall in love with the game.

I know I know, you want a screenie... I'll do you one up, I'll give you a few.

She's seen better days.
That's Lara shorty after being shipwrecked on an unknown iland, having to solve puzzles on how to get away from some captors that strung her up upside down along with a shitload of corpses.

Scaning the suroundings.
Finally found a weapon, a handmade bow. So then I needed to use said bow, to hunt and get some food. One arrow, was not enough to take down a deer, and then after that first kill, she was very sad of having to kill the animal to feed herself. I can imagen that most would have the same reaction when faced with an animal you just hunted, and then have to deliver the killing blow, with nothing but the head of an arrow.

In a dark tunnel, under a bunker.
Depending on where I have the camera, she holds torches in different directions. This little detail, makes the game even better, like she is lighting the way not just for her, but for me, the player, as well.

Ouch...
As I said, I have the game set to easy. But that doesn't stop the environment from killing me alot. Missing a turn, not reacting fast enough... will get you killed by wolves biting your neck, trees making holes in your stomach, or like here, an iton bar impaling your skull when you don't turn quickly enough in a water rapid.

This game, was the best spent 6 euro in a long time.

Cya

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar