fredag 29 augusti 2014

Quittin Time


As so many others, I check my facebook feed more often then I would ever need to. I might not click a like button, comment or wright something every time I go on, but I do check in. At work, I'm in every 20 minutes or so. At home before work, at least 5-10 times and after work I clock in a staggering amount of check ins.
So in essence: I look at that blue and white news feed, way to many times.
And when I check the news feed, do I find anything of interest? No... not anymore. I sometimes click the like button or comment, but then its hopefully cause I agree with something, but more then usual, its cause I find that I must. And when ever I do get that last feeling, I never really know why I get it.

But before I get to the point, here are a few reasons to further illustrate my reason for being sick of facebook.

First: All the hatred. There is a lot of hate flowing in the news feed. Currently, 95% of the hate, is against a specific political party known as Sverigedemokraterna (Swedish democrats). Now I know that most, if not all, of my friends I have on facebook, dislike SD, or even hate them.
But when most of the people you have as friends all hate the same thing, I don’t understand why you have to point this out once or more times a day. For me, its just annoying, cause all I see is hate and anger, and I don’t know about you, but this isn't really what you want to be subjected to every time you login.
Now it should be mentioned, that I agree with a lot of SD's things, so I admit that it annoys me a bit more then it might others, but I generally just ignore it and keep scrolling. I used to read everything, but one can only handle so much hatred and anger. Now what I don’t do, is tell people about it, and why I don’t is rather simple, scary, but simple. If I tell someone that I agree with SD, it is a very big chance that I would be called a racist, nazi or that I am ignorant, maybe all three. So that’s why I rarely speak of my own political views.
You should also know, that I think that everyone will always disagree with others, but for me, as long as my friends remain “metalheads”, they will be my friends for life. I just hope they don’t mention their own political views, specially who or what they hate, every five minutes.

Two: All the baby pictures. Now I'm not saying I hate your babies, kids or pets. I love em, and I always will. But some people but up pictures of their kids or pets 5-50 times a day. Most people, or maybe its just me, want to know your child, dog, cat or significant other, is alive and well. Thats all we really need. We don’t need a photographic version of “The Truman Show”. This goes for Instagram too btw.

Three: The small updates about what people are doing currently. I'm taking a bath, I'm having coffee with Mr/Mrs Friend, I'm cutting my toenails (not that I've ever seen that one yet thou, thank the gods). Do we need this information? And we do have a special place for all these tidbits, its called Twitter. I have twitter, but I never wright anything on it, but that is the perfect place for short informations like that.

These are only a few things that annoy me about facebook. And these are a few of the reasons I have now decided to end my account on it. Within the next few hours, hopefully no more then 24 hours, I will be closing down facebook. I might be back, but I hope it wont be for a looooong time, preferably ever.

So if you want to get in contact with me, call, text or get my skype name or you can always keep yourself updated with my shitty life trough instagram/snapchat: sillykinma


Cya

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar