måndag 18 januari 2016

Hobby No game

As I haven't done a sunday edition on the blog, due to a lack of gameplay. I thought that perhaps I could share something else instead on this late Monday evening.
It's about my writting. This next thing I'm writting, is a SciFi story set in the past, about 1200 years in the past. Now, it is written in Swedish, so I won't be sharing anything written with you. But I thought that perhaps I could share some thoughts about my limited experience about it all.

First of all, the world I am creating, is vast. Far larger than anything I've ever even concived of before. Planets, races, organizations, religions and not to mention... people. I have very few main characters, but far more than my last book, which revolved around 2 girls, and that was pretty much it. Now I have 6 or 7 main characters, and a whole slew of side characters. And one of the toughest things is to keep them as themselves.
What I means is, I can't let one characters personality bleed into anothers, and that is some times harder than it sounds. At the same time, I can't forget a character as well. Currently, in where I am in the story, I have a total of 17 characters to keep track of, and more is on the way, and I don't want too many of them to end up in the shadows, so I have to keep at the very least, a notion of who they are, so when I have them speak or act, they need to do so according to character I have imagened them to be.

This is one of the biggest things I have ever undertaken. A massive project... and worse is, I don't even know the whole story yet, just the basic one... I have far more ideas for the following 2 books' storyline that will take place in the same world, just later.

Anyway, as I have no gaming news for you, this is it. I hope you enjoyed it a little... at least.

Cya

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar