onsdag 8 oktober 2014

Babymetal

Slowling surfing the interwebz, youtube, theChive, EvilMilk, Wimp and what not, and I come across a video on youtube for A Co_Optional Podcast Animated: Metal. And they talk about a band of 13 year old girls from Japan that has made a band called Babymetal. Their first album, is also called Babymetal. One of the song on this album is called Gimme Chocolate.

As I couldn't get the damn video to show up here, and for some unknown reason the linking from youtube wont show either, just go there, and search for: Babymetal Gimme Chocolate

Now I'm not saying this is shit... but its damn close. I am a metal head, and the music is good, its metal, no doubt about it, but its the way they sing. It doesn't quite fit.
Who's idea was it to start this band, and why? Did the girls really want to be in a metal band but still sing and dance like pop idols?
I've seen and heard metal from Japan, and some of it is really good stuff, lots of metal there, including the proper voice ranging from rock voice to death voice (thats the growl I would then refer to), so they do know what metal is.
I personally, dont think this is quite metal, close, but those voices... no.
But fun to listen to for a bit. Got to give em that.

In other news, I have to delay todays gym visit to tomorrow. Need to help a coworker out by filling in for her about 3 hours before I actually start working. So instead of going to the gym and stress out trying to make everything work, I'll jsut do the wensday workout on thursday and then just push all the days ahead until saturday, and then resume the normal routine again on monday.

Cya

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar